Saturday, January 12, 2013

Melting

I have been noticing that as the winter has stretched on towards spring well even though we aren't there just yet, I can't help but feel the softening of the earth and all the creatures in it! I am even going so far as to say that I am slowly starting to emerge from this protective shell I had built so concretely around my heart... Not that I was trying to cut myself off from everything and everyone I just felt that a "break" was needed. I couldn't try and act like all of a sudden my world was a basket of roses again. I was rebuilding in my little "cocoon"  and hoping to reemerge a better person. I feel that was my lesson to learn this past year :)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm..... same here.
    I feel like I have just finally emerged. Cocoon behind me, freshly awakened, ready to take on life with new perspective beneath my feet and understanding in my heart. I hope your "hatching" feels as wonderful as mine does!!!
    Learning lessons is never fun but there is a certain grace that comes afterword that makes it all o.k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Forever and a day later! Truer words have never been said my dear friend. And throughout this transformation you have to shed your old skin and grow into your new body, it has been wonderful to change and surprise myself at what I am able to come through with Christ and his love!

      Delete